Monday, November 16, 2009

I'd rather die...

I'm home right now sick with a bad case of food poisoning. Spent last night throwing up in a bucket next to my bed every 20 minutes or so because I was too weak to walk to the bathroom and definitely too weak to drive myself to the clinic. I NEVER FELT MORE ALONE!!

And just when I started feeling really sorry for myself, my phone rang. It was Mr. Stupid.

'Hey, whatcha doing?'

'I'm dying...' I said.

I must have sounded like I was dying, because he got really concerned and when I told him what was going on with me, he offered to come by and take me to the clinic.

I wanted him to so so bad. But I couldn't.

Why?

Because I looked like shit. My hair was a mess, all wet and sticky. My face flushed, my nose dripping, stomach bloated. And I had an ugly green t-shirt on which was probably streaked with my vomit and which I was too weak to change out of. There was no way in hell I was going to let him see me this way. I'd have rather died.

So I said, 'Uh.. thanks. But, no, I don't really like the doctor at the 24 hour clinic near my place. I'll call you though.. if it gets worse?'

He said 'Are you sure? I could drop by. I'm just on my way home. And I'm not gonna be doing anything really...'

'No. No. Its okay. For now. I'll call you if I feel worse... ' I literally croaked, choking on some vomit. 'I have to go now...'

'Okay. Call me then. Try sleep it off.'

Ooh..it got worse. So much worse. And no, I didn't sleep till 5am in the morning.

He called at about 9am. When I picked up, he said, 'You're alive!' I could hear the smile in his voice. 'You feeling better?'

'Now yes. Earlier not so much. Thank you for caring..' I sleepily said.

'Go back to sleep' he said.

And I did go back to sleep. Feeling a little better and slightly less alone.

15 comments:

plentymorefishoutofwater said...

Aw, he's not so stupid is he. Nice post.

missykimmy said...

Aw, he should be Mr. Stupid-but-Caring. Hope you're doing better now.(:

missykimmy.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Mr. Stupid is at least not a Mr. Clueless. It was sweet of him to check on you.

You Make My Date said...

Mr. Stupid but sweet perhaps? :)

little miss angry said...

fish, thanks. just read your last post. bloody hilarious!

missykimmy, jen and you make my date, sigh. but he's always been that. stupid but not clueless. and definitely sweet. damnit. :)

relationshipgirl said...

I know how you feel - I once had food poisoning at my ex boyfriend's sisters house - I felt and looked like death but I was still worried that he wouldn’t fancy me! He actually dumped me two weeks later - a**hole! Your man sounds sooooooo much nicer!!! Good luck and stop by my blog if you have a minute

http://thelovesandlifeofalondongirl.blogspot.com/

xx

Organic Meatbag said...

Wow, that shit sucks...hope you're feeling better!

Kate said...

You poor thing. I just had food poisoning last week and it is the worst. At least the sympathy sounds nice!

Kate x

Danzers said...

Vomit on a green T-shirt! You sexy thing you!


w..midlifecrisis-blog.blogspot.com

all about beca said...

hmm...you shud definitely change the nick to Mr. Stupid but sometimes in a blue moon caring??
by the way, sure you are not preggies?

Beca

Kitty Moore said...

Where are you? Keeping checking back for a new post. Hope you're not still unwell.

Kitty x

Kate said...

Hope you are okay. I am getting a little worried. Lots of love

K xx

Red Ribbon said...

Oh sweetums sweetums that guy is... To the singles there, please visit this free dating site. Thanks. :D

You Make My Date said...

Just wanted to let you know that I finally got around to thanking you for your lovely award on my blog:

http://youmakemydate.blogspot.com/

Merry belated christmas and have a happy new year!

x S

little miss angry said...

guys, thanks for dropping by though i hadn't written for a while. and thanks for the concern kitty and kate :) was sick actually, but am better now.

and boy do i have a lot of catching up to do with all of you!